M2P0 Internet Marketing President Sharing SEO Facts
Back in January, Rob Stone was asked to speak on behalf of Marketing 2 Point 0, Inc. at a meeting hosted by Public Relations Society of America. That entire discussion centered around how to make sure that a business is relevant online in 2017. At that meeting a few members of OU’s web communications department asked Rob to come out and speak on campus.
It was on March 29,2017 that Rob unleashed some important facts and tips about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to the group of attendees. After some conversation we thought, perhaps, a lot of people may need help with their own websites, too. So, today we’re reflecting on the meeting (click here to read the OU article) and pointing out the following tips:
- Relevancy starts with the content you write which should be geared toward your audience. Utilize vocabulary that can be easily understood by your target market while incorporating keywords for SEO purposes.
- The articles/blogs should be at least 300 words, but not too much more than that with the inclusion of header tags.
- The words written must be relevant! Do not just write nonsense to fill a page.
- Utilize Flesch Reading Ease.
- Choose your key phrase or phrases before writing the content (Google Keyword tool is helpful).
- Use the key phrase in the first paragraph.
- Use header tags.
- Make sure key phrase is in the page title, URL, and Header tags.
- Have clear visuals, audio or video when possible, use links whenever necessary to credit outside resources.
- All images need alt text and image titles that are SEO optimized.
- Reduce all images to 72 DPI to increase page load speeds.
- Website Encryption will be the new standard soon.
- Design with function in mind first, not creativity.
- Leverage Google’s featured content areas. (Local, News, Shopping, Videos, etc.)
- Use Citation Flow and Trust Flow for link building.
- When starting a new site look for an aged domain if possible.
- Use Mobile friendly/ Responsive web design.
- Use Google Webmaster Tools to Submit your site map.
- Use Google Webmaster Tools to identify and correct crawl errors. Use 301 redirects as needed.
- Integrate the website with your social media as often as possible. Consistent social activity and engagement is a factor.
- Create new content on a consistent basis. Stay ahead of the competition with volume.
- Don’t copy and paste content from other websites. Keep it 100% original.
- Keep the codebase of the website up to date.
- Setup a profile on https://en.gravatar.com/ and use it when creating articles.
Keeping up with everything connected to SEO can be too much for some small business owners to handle on their own. That’s where we come in! If you’re more of a visual learner and you’d like to know more, feel free to watch the seminar video.
If you’d like to speak with a representative of Marketing 2 Point 0, Inc. give us a call @ 405-757-4540. We’d be happy to schedule a time to talk with you about your website and marketing efforts.